Friday 31 May 2013

Nunn Design, Envirotex and Stampendous - Blog Hop


Hello Friends!

As promised I'm back today with another project for our fabulous week of Stampendoulicious play with EnviroTex Jewelry Resin, Jewelry Clay and fab bezels from Nunn Design.

If you missed my previous post with the cute bezel pendants, be sure to check it out here.

To close the fabulous week of inspiration with a bang we're also hosting a big blog hop! And I'm sure you know the drill, hop along, get inspired, leave some love everywhere and you might be in a chance of winning some AMAZING goodies. I mean SERIOUSLY amazing stuff!


Soooo.... let's get started!


The sample I prepared for today is a plant label that is soon going to make its way to my new garden & patio. I haven't decided yet whether it will be free standing or hanging so I left it without any 'attachments' for now.

If you follow my blog you might recall my Garden Journal where I am going to document how my garden grows and what will grow in it. This project will give you the first clue - can you guess what I am going to plant? LOL :).


Now, let me tell you first how I made it :)


Step 1 - main supplies:
- Stampendous cling Carnation stamp
- EnviroTex Jewelry Clay
- MDF/wooden die cut shape, matt emulsion paint
- black permanent ink
- small mosaic tiles


Step 2:
- paint your MDF shape with matt emulsion paint
- stamp the carnations image


Step 3:
- colour the flowers - I used STAEDLER ergosoft aquarell pencils
- to add shading around the image swipe your chosen distress ink/s onto your craft sheet and spritz lightly with water
- pick up the colour with a water brush and outline the image 
- dry the plaque thoroughly with a heat tool


Step 4:
- swipe the label with a clear embossing ink
- cover fully with Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder


Step 5:
- heat emboss the powder with a heat gun
- admire the sparkle
- make some tea
- admire the sparkle again
- adhere your label to a clear acetate with Glossy Accents
- cut the acetate about 1 cm wider than the MDF shape
- admire the sparkle again
- move to step 6 when you are ready


Step 6:
- gather your supplies for the clay fun: 
EnviroTex Jewelry clay, mosaic tiles, latex gloves, baby powder


Step 7:
- following the instructions closely measure equal parts of components A&B
- mix thoroughly - have a look at this helpful video here


Step 8:
- roll the clay into long strip/s and mould it around the label. It should sit nicely on the acetate
- make sure the rolled strips are at least 2 mm taller than the plaque to create a raised edge
- using tweezers embed the mosaic tiles into the clay (make sure to leave a raise edge)
- you don't need any glue for this, clay does it all for you!
- don't panic - clay has up to 2 hours working time, so you don't need to rush


Step 9:
- dust the clay with Perfect Pearls and set aside to cure for 24 hours
- when the clay has cured, add a layer of Jewerly Resin over the stamped image - follow the instructions here.
- leave it to cure for another 48 hours


I must confess, I was quite nervous about using these products at first... But soon enough I learnt that the biggest difficulty about working with jewerly resin and clay was actually... staying away from your project during curing time! But you must be patient. Disturbing your samples too early will very likely spoil your project. But if you wait patiently, you will be rewarded with a truly special make!

I hope you enjoyed your visit here. If you did, please let me know in the comment below. And while you're here, why don't you have a little look around my other projects? If you like what you see, how about joining my blog to stay up to date with my future creative adventures? Be sure to leave your blog address so I can return your kindness! :)

Now it's time to check the rest of the AMAZING projects prepared to awe, inspire and take your breath away. Happy hopping!


Also linking to:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Into the woods

24 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

So pretty! Great tutorial too ... Have a great weekend

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Cudenko... Cos pieknego :)

Kristine Reynolds said...

What a terrific Project! Beautiful!

Lea said...

Very pretty! Carnations are one of my favorite flowers! Enjoy them in your garden when they bloom.

Unknown said...

Swoon! That's what I did lol. This is beautiful Joanna and I love the way you framed this project. More products to add to my crafty shopping list. ;) Hugs

Sue D said...

This is gorgeous!!

Sabrina said...

OMG!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! I am definitely going to make one for me and one for my mom!! Thank you for the tutorial. It was awesome!!

Sabrina said...

OMG!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! I am definitely going to make one for me and one for my mom!! Thank you for the tutorial. It was awesome!!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! I am Breathless!! This is SO BEAUTIFUL and I know my Grandmother would LOVE this for a gift!! Such a NEAT idea and a GREAT tutorial!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Tenia Nelson said...

This is AWESOME!! :)

Terry said...

Wow, this is spectacular! Love that flower framed with those tiles! Very unique and beautiful! Enjoy the weekend!

Candy C said...

Hello Asia...your garden project is very pretty. The stamped flower medallion in the center of your jewelry clay and tiles is lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

barbara macaskill said...

SIGH**** SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I N C R E D I B L E ! ! This is a truly amazing piece of art! I have to admit that I got stuck on step 5! Sparkaliscious is a fitting word for this wonderful piece! Can't wait to try this myself! TFS!

Janis said...

I sooooooooo know what you mean abt admiring the sparkle (again and again). I call that adoring it. I have to go back over and over and adore something I made that turned out pretty!

I also know what you mean abt staying away from a project till it is ready. I am terrible in my garden because I am always digging around with my finger to see if the seeds have sprouted!!! LOL...

Thanks for the wonderful how-to. Your project turned out beautifully!!

Unknown said...

I'm a follower and will continue to be! You really stepped it up on this final day and did something a little different! And it paid off because it is incredible! I still can't believe you made that the way you did! Wow! Sounds like the time between steps 5 and 6 were almost as long as the curing time what with all that admiring of the sparkle. Tee hee! I like to admire the shine and sparkle on my projects also! Get a little lost and off track sometimes. Oh well! :)

Denise Bryant said...

So pretty! Love the edging and lovely image!

Kailash said...

Your craftsmanship on this project is amazing, love the design and color and the framing with the tiles is simply fabulous!!

StampendousGraphics said...

There are not even words for how fantastic this project is, Asia!! This is THE PERFECT use of the resin clay! Wow...just absolutely, positively WOW!! Thanks soooo much for playing with us this week! You rock!!

Sonia said...

Fantastic creation my dearest friend^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Kyle4143 said...

Wow, what a gorgeous piece! I love how you incorporated so many products I use on paper. Thanks for the inspiration! I'm sure it must be even more gorgeous in person with the embossing power. Love the sparkle!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous project! Love the border you created and the shimmery image!

Jenny Marples said...

Now that is unusual and very special. Love the effect the resin has and the clay tiles work really well. It is going to look a picture in your garden. Hugs, Jenny x

Unknown said...

This looks gorgeous. Thanks for sharing all the steps with us.

Hugs~

cheiron said...

This came out great. I love how you have used all these products to make such a beautiful flower. Thanks for playing along with us in the the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena