Sunday 5 May 2013

Peruvian Lilies, Stampendous and FSC #47 - all in My Garden Journal



Re-edited - yay! My garden journal is one of the Spotlights at City Crafter Challenge Blog!

Happy (Inter)National Scrapbooking Day to all my crafty friends! I hope I'll get a chance to celebrate it with some crafting but first I'd like to share what I have been up to this week.

Before I tell you about my new project, here's heads up that a new Fashionable Stamping Challenge is officially open! And the theme this fortnight could not be better as this time Anything goes! All the Fashionettes have prepared a real eye candy inspiration for you so be sure to check all the beautiful samples.

Those who know me personally would certify that my garden has always been a kind of a project that gets put off forever... But not this year! We've finally got our new patio sorted and we're now ready to plan & plant the borders. Yay! It only took us 6 years to gear up for it so not too long really lol :).

No surprises then that I wanted to seize the opportunity to 'document' how our garden grows. That's why I started my very own garden journal, where I can clip plant labels, photos and play with creative journaling at the same time.


In keeping with the 'nature friendly theme' I've decided to up-cycle an old diary for that purpose. To kick start my creative gardening adventure I decorated the cover using my old time fave technique - decoupaging with napkins. This technique was perfect for this project as my cover was quite squishy and leather like, so covering it with paper would not be as successful.


For my project I used some really gorgeous Stampendous stamps from the new April release. I had a real trouble deciding which ones to choose as this release is full of real gems. But I finally decided on the Jumbo Cling Peruvian Lily set which I stamped onto the front cover with clear embossing ink. Then I heat embossed them with Detail Gold Embossing Powder from Stampendous.


To add dimension to my flowers I stamped the lilies again onto white card, heat embossed them with Black Detail Powder and cut them out. All my colouring was done with Inktense pencils.

Then I layered all my embellishments and lace. I also added fabric flowers from Prima and wooden embellishments from Crafty Emblies, which altered with Shabby Blue and Shabby Pink embossing enamels. To do that you simply swipe the Boss Gloss over, sprinkle the powders, tap off the excess and heat with the heat gun.


I also added one of my shabby enamelled flowers. To adhere my embellishments I used Beacon's 3in1 Advanced Craft Glue.

I decorate the flower centres with gems, Champagne and Fuchsia crushed glass glitter, sprinkled over Beacon's 3in1 adhesive.


Now, my garden journal could not be left without a proper country cottage bunting :). So I stamped in black the word 'garden' onto white vellum with Stampendous Big Top Type clear stamps and cut out the flags. Then I stamped the word 'journal' directly onto the journal cover with Vintage Lowercase clear stamps.


To finish my cover I added final touches with embossing the edges with Shabby Blue enamel.

I've also prepared a full step-by-step tutorial on this project which you will soon be able to see on Stampendous blog. In case you're worried you might miss it, just subscribe to the updates here :).

Over to you now - share your lovely stamped projects with us here.

Thank you so much for visiting today and for your lovely comments. Have a fabulous crafty weekend!

Big hugs



Challenges for this project:
Country View Crafts Challenge #3 - How does your garden grow
Top Tip Tuesday #100 - Moving parts (bunting flags)
Sugar Creek Hollow #60 - Spring Flowers
Our Creative Corner #1 - Anything goes
Whimsy Stamps Challenges #24 - Pretty in pink
City Crafter Challenge Blog #157 - Spring has sprung (inspiration photo below)












The Shabby Tea Room #164 - Beautiful Spring (inspiration photo below)









Creative Cauldron supplies for UK crafters:

31 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

Asia, this is so lovely...gorgeous use of enamel.

Yvonne Garner said...

Gorgeous journal Joanna. Hope is well for you and yours. Hugs, Yvonne

Brenda Brown said...

This is gorgeous Joanna, what a fabulous project and so practical and useful. I am hoping to get to the Stampendous shop in Anaheim next week.
Hugs Brenda xox

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Wspaniały ogród :)

Annette said...

This is GORGEOUS. I love altered items, and this is just soooo pretty.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for :
ABC Christmas Challenge,
Top Tip Tuesday,
As You Like It Challenge - NEW challenge blog
xx

Ros Crawford said...

Love love love your journal ... so many pretty details ... I adore that banner and your stamped flowers and the background is amazing! Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous piece of upcycling! The beautiful flowers, glowing colours and trademark sparkle all work brilliantly together... and I bet the garden it's there to document becomes just as beautiful! Lovely to have you play along at Our Creative Corner!
Alison xx

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Joanna...wow, I love how everything is just bursting off the cover!!! You have created a wonderful and very clever effect! It looks fantastic.
Dot x

Tracey said...

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous shabby creation with us in The Shabby Tea Room...the flowers cluster is so so pretty:)

Netty said...

loving your gorgeous creation.
Hugs Annette x

Terry said...

And what a beautiful flower garden you created! Gorgeous journal! Those flowers are so pretty and love the garden banner! Lovely touches! Hugs!

Shirley said...

Gorgeous Joanna such a lot of work but the finished piece is well worth it. Hope to see more in the coming months of Summer.

Hugs Shirley x x

Meggymay said...

Absolutely gorgeous, such a good idea to keep a garden journal.
Yvonne x

Claire said...

Beautiful journal Joanna, so many gorgeous details. Good luck with the garden, its a never ending task isn't it
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning work!!Thanks so much for playing along this week at CCCB :-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous card! Just love the fabulous bloom, thank you for joining us this week at CCCB!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful cover Joanna, love the feel of it. Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month. Chris xxx

Janny Jager said...

Great page Joanna with a lot of beautiful details.

Greetings Janny

Claire said...

hi Joanna, thanks for your lovely comment, I've had a few clock blanks from Indigo Blu (those fabby cog ones) but I've also found some cheap round and square ones on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Blank-MDF-Clock-Face-Round-or-Square-/151034658903?pt=UK_Crafts_Children_s_Crafts_EH&var=&hash=item232a5e0057
hope you're having a good bank holiday
Claire xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a beautiful piece of art.

Jenny Marples said...

Wowwee Joanna!! This is amazing! So much attention to detail to create the most beautiful floral bouquet. Thrilled to have you playing along at Our Creative Corner this time. Hugs, Jenny x

Fliss said...

Just gorgeous Joanna. So very pretty and such beautiful stamps too (more for the wish list as I LOVE Stampendous!)
Hugs, Fliss xx

Sherry Hickey said...

Hello Asia! The vintage garden journal is a fabulous idea (I have many friends who'd love one!) and yours turned out beautifully. So much gorgeous detail and the vintage font on your banner is perfect. Thanks for playing at SCH!

Unknown said...

WOW!! This looks amazing. Lots of fabulous details my friend. You must love the way this turned out..

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Your upcycled journal is gorgeous Joanna. I love the floral stamps you used and the color scheme. Terrific project!

Mrs.B said...

Love the idea of a garden journal. , , and this will be a pleasure to use with that fabulous cover. Gorgeous images and colous.
Avril xx

Ellie Knol said...

What a good idea to make a journal of all the growing in the garden. I LOVE gardening, hope you will too! It looks fabulous!

Sonia said...

Good morning my dearest friend^_^
Just gorgeous creation^_^
Adorable details^_^
Happy weekend,
Sonia

Julia S-W said...

Love what you've done with your upcycled project! A gorgeous transformation - just like your garden!
Lovely to have you play along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Juliax

Laurart said...

I adore this Joanna! It is so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner Love from Laura xxx P.S Did you get my email? Will post the parcel very soon. So sorry for the delay xxxx

Carol Q said...

beautiful Joanna.

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena