Thursday 6 September 2012

Post full of Stampendoulicious goodness - fainthearted, look away!



Today I would like to share some embossed floral inspiration with you.  But before I do - I have some really fabulous news to share first. First of all, it looks like I am going to have a super Stampendoulicious weekend!

I am very VERY excited as I will get to meet Fran Seiford - the Commander in Chief of the Stampendous brand and the encrusted jewel technique :). Fran is coming to the UK for a few weeks in September, to teach some workshops at trade events (and I am fortunate enough to be participating in a whole day of delicious craftiness this Sunday!) and she will also be demoing Stampendous products on Create & Craft TV

Unfortunately I don't know the exact program dates and times for the C&C demos yet so for now, here's a short tutorial of the my fave ever encrusted jewel technique.




This month the new challenge theme at Stampendous is Embossing. I have been playing with embossing quite a lot lately (just love this stuff!) and here's my 'first' embossed inspiration for you for this challenge :). 


My card is very strongly influenced by this one super talented lady and her beautiful art - Joanna at W Kartkowym Zaciszu. I have been drooling over her ingenious handmade flowers for a long time and finally decided to give it a go myself. My main center flowers were made using this tutorial.



To make my flower pot I stamped the ornate pattern from the Cling Jumbo Baroque Bouquet (UK crafters click here) and heat embossed it using Aged Gold embossing powder. The image was stamped onto mount board, which I coloured with distress inks. Once cool, I cut around the embossed image and die cut the top edge with the Tim Holtz Scrollwork edge die.



The edge of the card was stamped with a stamp from the Elegant Borders clear stamp set (UK shoppers click here) and then heat embossed with clear EP. The sentiment is from the Friendship Assortment Clear Stamps set (UK peeps can find it here).


Last, but not least! Have you heard the super exciting news about the new publication incentive scheme from Stampendous? You can find all the details HERE.

I look forward to seeing your challenge creations! There are really fabby prizes to be won (nb. the winner will need to have a US address).

I have been sooooooo busy crafting lately, that I have lots of catching up to do with finding out what you have been up to. I promise to visit and leave some love very soon!

Until then, thank you for visiting and your sweet comments!

Big hugs



Challenges for this card
Simon Says... - Put a Stamp On it!
DL.ART Thankful Challenge - Flower/3d Flower
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything goes
Stamp N Doodle - Embossing

18 comments:

Fliss said...

An absolutely stunning creation Joanna and those flowers are so very beautiful. Love all the texture and pretty colours.
I know you'll really enjoy meeting Fran too as she's a really lovely lady. I met her at a trade show a few years ago and after I admired one of her gorgeous stamps she promptly made me a beautiful tag to keep and to say I was very touched is to say the least!
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Brenda Brown said...

Lots of wonderful eye candy here Joanna. The flowers are gorgeous and a beautiful card.
Take care.
hugs {brenda} xox

Maria said...

This is so pretty, and your flowers are gorgeous Joanna. A really stunning creation. Enjoy your crafty Sunday!

Maria x

Janny Jager said...

A great card Joanna with beautiful flowers and colors
Have a great sunday .

Greetings Janny

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous flowers... I'll be sure to check out Joanna's work after a glowing recommendation like that! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with all your Stampendous treats... look forward to hearing more!
Alison x

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card. I just love it. Those flowers are beautiful. And thanks so much for sharing that video with us. I really enjoyed watching it. Her Christmas cards are so pretty.

Hugs~

BEARKIS said...

Gorgeous card,Joanna,I love it!!!Have a nice weekend!:)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just an amazing card, wonderful flowers on it.

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Kartka jest bardzo ladna, i bukiet wspanialy a kwiatki wyszly Ci bardzo ladnie :):) Dziekuje za mile slowa :)

Ros Crawford said...

What a gorgeous card ... I'm so happy for you to .. i'll keep a look out on Create and Craft

Jacki Daniels said...


This is so pretty thanks for playing along with us at Stamp n Doodles this time
Jacki xx (SnD DT)

DIANA L. said...

Your card is stunning I love your home made flower.
the colors you chose are great.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge(flower)
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Terry said...

Beautiful, Joanna! Have fun with Fran! I just picked up some of those products, so I will start playing soon! Happy Weekend!

Heather said...

A beautiful card, so many wonderful details, especially that stunning ribbon, your colours are fabulous and I love that sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

lainey said...

WOW Joanna, stunning!!! love it all :) lainey x

Val said...

Just stunning - love all the elements and colours are just fab. Awqesome flowers. Off to have a look at the tutorial.
Hugs
Val

Mandy said...

Asia your card is so beautiful, really pretty and feminine, I love everything.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Stamptember celebrations
hugs Mandy xx

Tenia Nelson said...

This is soooooo gorgeous!!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena