Monday 7 March 2016

Caution, Retro Girl With Attitude! Stampendous And DecoArt Blog Hop

Hello everyone! I am still officially on a blogging break and I haven't been able to craft lately. If you've seen my last post you'll know that there's been a lot going on in my non crafty life and also that my hubby and I are in a process of moving house. Unfortunately the process has been quite traumatic for us and things just keep getting delayed. We still haven't moved yet and we're kind of constantly on a 'high alert' and 'high hope' too that the move will finally happen soon. But I am popping in this week to play with Stampendous and DecoArt peeps with a couple of projects I made a while ago :). Before I tell you all about this week's shenanigans I'll also add that Maureen (the winner of my Seasons Givings giveaway) and I had finally made successful contact :).


So onto this week's big event! The whole Stampendous gang is super excited to play this week with our friends at DecoArt. Mixed Media Artist and DecoArt International Education Coordinator Andy Skinner has designed some fantastic stamps for Stampendous and we’re going to be showing them off all week long.

Andy will join us along with his team of international mixed media artists including Julia Stratford-Wright, Mark Gould, Mel Hookham and Jools Robertson. Plus there will be posts this week on the DecoArt blog as well. Naturally the Stampendous Design Team will be checking in as well.


And let me tell you. You’ll want to get your commenting fingers ready… Each comment on a post this week will enter you to win a fabulous prize package! (one comment per post, per person). Contest open to everyone! We have three packages and each has a Fluid Media Starter Kit, all three of Andy Skinner’s new Stampendous Stamp sets and a Jumbo Acrylic Handle. Look at this great prize!

My project today was initially inspired by the strong retro vibes that I can now see everywhere in fashion, home decor and furniture shops. Totally infused with geometrical shapes and neon love. 

When I stamped the Fashion Dame I thought she looked like a girl with quite an attitude so I added the Caution sign from the Andy Skinner's Toxic stamp set, which I thought was quite fitting :). The chipboard buttons were also stamped with Toxic stamp set using the texture design.

To create my background I stared by misting my Linnie Blooms canvas panel with DecoArt Media: Primary Yellow and Yellow Green Misters. When the panel was dry I stenciled Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste through the Pop Rectangles Stencil which I sprinkled with the Summer Shine Embossing Kit. After shaking off the excess powders I heat embossed the paste with the embossing powders overheating in places to get nice thick bubbles. This panel was all about drama and fluorescent toxic hazardous effects (a bit like my life at the moment lol) :). Quite a change from my usual feminine flowery makes :).

The image was coloured with Distress Markers and for stamping I used Black Archival ink and Blue Hawaii StazOn Mini ink. I also used 3D Foam Squares - Black, Regular from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.

So, here are the blogs playing today:

Oh, and I almost forgot...! Please look out for the new issue of the Craft Stamper's magazine (April 2016). I have a couple of quick makes in there using the free cover stamp :).


I hope you will join us for this week's medialicious blog hop! Don't forget to comment as you visit participating blogs to increase your chances of winning! That's all from me for today and I'll see you again on Friday during our big blog hop finale!

Big crafty hugs

Asia King Blog signature_small

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

Challenges for this project: 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Create your own background
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Touchy Feely
That's Crafty! Challenges - Masks and Stencils 

71 comments:

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Glad to see you back blogging! Hope the house moves sorts itself out too! Love the citrus colour scheme you have used :)

Ros Crawford said...

Hello Asia ... I'm so sorry that your move has been delayed and it must be so unsettling for you ... I hope things get resolved soon. Your project is beautiful! She sure does have attitude! Congrats on your publications too! Sending hugs

Bunny said...

Great project. Love the neon.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the move. Like it's not already stressful, eh?

LynzCraftz said...

Gorgeous, I love the green, so perfect for Spring!

Jane Luxem said...

Love your project! Will take another look at the current Craft Stamper Magazine. Love that magazine, too!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the angular lines of the lady's outfit.
I have some of the canvas panels, will have to try
these paints and stamps on them.
thanks for sharing.
Hope you get your moving situation completed
soon. Nothing is more upsetting than being
in limbo.

Sabrina said...

Gorgeous project!!! Love the colors!!

on a good day said...

Very Springy! I loved the 80's and all that went with it, so it's great that all the clothes are back! Excellent card and I just started heat embossing and like the idea of bigger bubbles. tfs Germaine

Viki Banaszak said...

Ah, moving. Fun! Not! I am looking forward to that soon too. It will all turn out in the end. It always does. It just sucks while your going through it. Congrats on your publication. I will keep an eye out for it.
I love the colors you used on this piece. Those buttons are adorable. Thanks for taking time to post.

barbara macaskill said...

So sorry to hear that your (non)move has been so traumatic! I hope that things come together soon so you can get settled and back to making beautiful things!! Hope all the other issues also melt away and you can be the blogging Genius that I love to visit!
Your card is lovely and I agree that this gal does look like she has that "devil may care, fierce" attitude! She looks amazing with the neons and geometric shapes! I just ordered my first geometric shapes stamp set and can't wait to get it!! TFS!

cghundley said...

Makes like a mini canvas
and it is so pretty! Great
stamping.
Carla from Utah

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful project, love the background. Hope your move goes well.

A Pink said...

A very retro make! Those blue and green hues really catch the eye and love the stitching detail - perfect touch for your fashionista dame.
I hope things start to improve for you - sounds like a very stressful time x

Monique's art said...

love the colors

Carol said...

Love your vibrant canvas. I hope the rest of the move is less stressful - gentle hugs x

Stampendous said...

Oh this is STUNNING! I just love the stenciled background on that canvas file folder. It is so nice to have you hop with us this week, thank you for sharing today!

Jean said...

Such a wonderful canvas!! Love the background!

Unknown said...

You totally 'rocked' Nathalie Kalbach's Fashion Dame Asia - Wow. Such LUSCIOUS texture and rich BRIGHT colors. LOVE Andy's CAUTION too - eheheheh! OVER THE MOON Chic!!! j.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

lOVE THE RETRO LOOK WITH THE CAUTION SIGN, WORKS TOGETHER GREAT!

Jassy said...

A Fantastic fashion themed canvas. So vibrant, I remember wearing this colour in the 70's! Loving the buttons. All the best with your move xx

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

I think she has an sassy attitude too. Great color combo. Hope you get to move soon. TFS

Susanne said...

Nice project you have done. Like the "happy" colours!

~Lady B~ said...

I'm loving the retro vibe of your piece! I'm glad you found time to play with all that you're going through. I hope life calms down for you and I hope that everything works itself out for the best. Take care. Hugs xx.
~Angela aka Lady B

Mopheaded1 said...

A move is soooo stressful. Hang in there! I love your project! The shimmer embossing is gorgeous on the yellow and green!

Pammejo said...

Gorgeous canvas!!! Love all the misting with the stamps.

Alison said...

Great colors! Love the buttons.

Salnclts said...

I love how the colors blend so well together!

Barbara Rankin said...

Sorry to hear about all the chaos going on for you. Hope things get better soon. I am glad to see you still have some crafty left in you. LOL You did an amazing job on your project today. TFS your technique.

Jean Bullock said...

Very cool. Love the retro feel you created and the caution sign is perfect. Well done. Hope your moving problem is resolved soon.

Unknown said...

Such a fantastic project. I love the background.

nattyboots said...

So different i love this )

Tracy Welham said...

Sorry the move is experiencing delays, hopefully it will all come together soon. Lovely piece, very striking. I read the last piece you had published in Craft Stamper, great piece. I shall look out for next month's piece too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Unknown said...

These products have me hooked! I'm r excited about trying them and it looks like fun!

Vee said...

Can't wait to try these great products!

Kristiina said...

That background is just stunningly colourful and effective!

Purple Diva 6 said...

Love the Toxic Stamp set and I also like the idea of stamping on fabric... Thankyou you for sharing and I hope your move gets all sorted out and finishes smoothly

Natalie said...

Awesome job! Love the image and the colors you used.
natgodfrey4@gmail.com

D.Ann C said...

Moving's always rough... this too will pass! Congrats on being published! Love your bright project!!

Jane said...

Gorgeous work, I love the green. I have just bought that edition of Craft Stamper today...I shall look you up ;0) x

Lieve said...

Thanks to this bloghop, I discover your blog.
You made a great project - great buttons ! Thanks for the inspiration and explanation !
Good luck with your moving !

TangledBlueRose said...

Fabulous project, thanks for sharing. Hoping things settle down for you!~kim

Maureen H. said...

Asia,

I'm glad we got in touch and I received your beautiful prize! I am sorry that you are going through a difficult time right now, I sympathize because I am too, but I have hope that things will get better for both us! Hang in there, I'm trying to as well. In the meantime, craft when you can, it is the only thing that keeps me sane❤️

Hugs,
Maureen

maria f. said...

Very cool textured project! I'd love to see your CS projects made with that free stammp. That stamp is fabulous.

Dee Spillane said...

I love the combo of Nathalie's stamps/stencil with Andys stamps. The color is wonderful!

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous project.. love the green tones. I like this hop .. off to the next one!

McStamper said...

Love your amazing project. Wonderful art.

Judy said...

Love that little caution sign you used on your piece. Everything is so nice, design, colors, etc. Thanks for sharing with us.

E. Marie said...

So sorry your life has to be in limbo. Hopefully things will settle down soon. Your project is wonderful; full of texture and color.

Pawsitively Creative said...

Every time Ibhave tried to comment on this I get a pop up and it boots me out. Hopefully this goes through okay. First-huge congrats on your winderul mag piece! Secondly-wonderful design and I totally enjoy the attitude of the lady. Heheh! Awesome sauce! ~Nikk

Arianna Barbara said...

Good luck with your moving ! I hope it will be soon! Thank you for this amazing chance!!! I love the retro design!!!

Unknown said...

A great project, loving the details and how you used this great stencil and this new sunny colours embossing kit!!!
Thanks for the blog hop, and oh, btw your makes in last Crast Stamper issue are very beautiful, as all you do! Coco x

toni said...

A lovely project Asia, gorgeous fresh greens. Good luck with the move sand loved your work in C S ! Toni x

Tina M. said...

What a great prize - would love to win that :-)
Thanks for the chance.
/Tina M.

Teresa Kline said...

awesome design! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Robin said...

What a great project! I love the background you created! Hope you get moved soon. I know it's a tough time trying to get moved. Hugs, Robin

P'tite Plume said...

Georgous canva!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I love this so much!!!! gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing!

Becca Yahrling said...

Super fun project.

Unknown said...

Retro indeed!!! I love your background also! Thanks for sharing :-)

Rebecca/Sydney's Sentiments said...

Fabulous project! I love the background you created.

HMax said...

Interesting piece! I really like the zigzag around the edge and the chunky buttons at bottom. I hope your house moving happens soon for you! That can be so traumatic! Good luck!

Merethe A said...

This is a great bloghop and nice work done here.
(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Karen Petitt said...

Hope things settle back to a more normal for you soon - you are throwing it yourselves all in one go moving and a new job!
I love how you can create something that is so bright and cheerful yet it still has a vintage or distressed look to it. Love the colours you have used and the complete project is wonderful and so pretty!
I would love to be a student in any classes that you do but I know that's not going to happen any time soon!
Thanks for the fabulous inspiration and great hop Karen x

Suman Pandit said...

wonderful project !!

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Wonderful project!!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp! Monday Challange
Hugs, Zoey

Janis said...

Fun project and great use of those stamps! Love the colors!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Adventures in Paperland said...

So sorry about the stress you're under right now. Hang in there! I love this piece and the colors are wonderful. Sending you a big hug. :)

SandyD said...

What unusual fab colours.

Judy said...

I love this blog hop, so many unique ideas and projects to help spark our interest. Thanks for sharing your creation with us.

Tracey Magner said...

This is so PRETTY, stunning colors. Love it. Tracey Magner

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Colors, textures, stamps and buttons all go together so well with the retro theme you accomplished. Love that dame!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena