Thursday 9 April 2015

Spring Time Die Cut Art - and Guest Designing at Frilly And Funkie!

Sizzix Tim Holtz Picture Wheel die
Re-edited: Yay! My card has been voted one of the top picks at Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #115! Woot woot!!! :)

Hello everyone! Guess what?! I have been invited to play along today as a Guest DT over at Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog, after my altered ahabby chic dress form was voted the winner of the Bring on the Bling challenge! How exciting is that?!

I was even more excited when I found out the theme of their current challenge - Spring Time Die Cuts. I love spring and I have recently rediscovered my love of die cutting (getting a new die cutting machine might have something to do with it lol).


So... my crafty offering today is a card with a soft colour palette, inspired by the glorious blooms of my neighbours' magnolia tree. Dusky pinks, golden yellows and soft browns seem to have taken the centre stage. This is my early spring take on the challenge theme, before the fresh greens take over :). 

Prima Marketing Striking Appearance, Epiphany Collection
Spring Time Art Card

In my card I used Spellbinders Grateful Lattice die and Sizzix Tim Holtz Picture Wheel die. My Grateful Lattice die cut was first used as a stencil for a thin layer of DecoArt Texture Crackle. I also threw in a few individual lattice elements that I had left over from my vintage rose trellis card. The lattice elements are covered with beautiful and sparkly Stampendous Gilded Mica Fragments

Spellbinders Grateful Lattice, DecoArt Texture Crackle
Using Grateful Lattice die to add texture to my background.

The papers are from Prima Marketing (Striking Appearance, Epiphany Collection, which I used in my shabby birds' nest ATB) and 7Dots Studio (Dreamer collection). All quickly put together with MyStik® Permanent Strips. I also added some stamping using Stampendous Charmed Art and Vintage Lowercase Perfectly Clear stamps.

The picture wheel was also brushed with the Texture Crackle, then rubbed with the mica powders. I backed it up with some florist's cellophane that had a lovely white print on it - my Adhesive Sheets were perfect for this job. After popping the wheel over some The transparency gave my alpha beads (thrift shop find) an interesting floating appearance.

Shabby chic hand died seam binding ribbon
Using transparencies to add depth and give the alphas a floating appearance.

I have lots of mica sparkliness going on in the background, too. For that I used the new mica powders (Pink, Brown and Gold) from Donna Salazar for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® (available soon!). To finish the card I added some Liquid Pearls, ribbon and ribbon roses died with DIY mica sprays I made using the the mica powders.

Thank you so much to Linda and the Frilly & Funkie Team for inviting me to play along with this challenge! I feel truly honoured!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will join us for this Spring Time Die Cuts Challenge!

Big crafty hugs

Asia King Blog signature_small

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

Challenges for this card:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - A is for...Art
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Spring Flowers
A Vintage Journey - Through The Looking Glass
Mixed Media Place #6 - Typography
Our Creative Corner - Colour Your World
Really Reasonable Ribbon #115 - Things With Wings
Live and Love Crafts #34 - Signs of Spring
7 Dots Studio - Nature



35 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Oh boy am I glad I came to see more here Asia! I hadn't realised you'd used transparencies for the letter beads (SO clever!) and it's great to get close ups of the crackled stencilling and mica fragments too. Absolutely beautiful work as ever. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

adziamar said...

Cudowne

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful project, love the colours and textures. Congrats on your GDT position.

Pamellia said...

WOW Joanna, this is spectacular!! I can't stop looking at it! Your background is just amazing, all the texture, the soft colours, the lattice, the mica, the pearls and the yummy butterflies!! Can't get enough of this one!! It's so wonderful to have you as our Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie! hugs :)

Tamara said...

This is absolutely stunning, Joanna.. I'm trying to take it all in..the colors...textures... Congratulations on your invitation and your dress form winning first! You are so talented. Thank you for sharing your lovely art and best wishes for a happy Thursday!

Tamara <3

Stephanie said...

The detail is exquisite, dear Asia! You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful creations.

Hugs to you!

Tracy Welham said...

Wow, what an outstanding piece! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Pascale B. Scrap said...

Wow!!! Great work, your canvas is fantastic!! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

Samra said...

This is absolutely out of this world stunning!!! I am your new follower :)

Наталья Шалыгина said...

amazing! your work is very interesting and unusual! Super cool! Thank you for playing with us at 7Dots Studio!

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Your things are great, A challenge is alway fun .
Your manniqune was so fun
I think I meet you grow your blog and now I follow you.Hope you stop by again I have a giveaway going on
Laura

Karen Letchworth said...

This is GORGEOUS! I am so glad I found your sweet blog. I'd like to invite you to share your wonderful card(s) in our challenges at:

Really Reasonable Ribbon: Things With Wings (Plus Ribbon)
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges

Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

I really hope you will play along. Your art is amazing!
Karen

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

An absolutely gorgeous piece of work, Joanna. Like everyone else, I'm captivated by it. So much to take in - gorgeous colors, fantastic textures, beautiful bits of vintage yumminess! A perfect piece of eye candy for our visitors to drool over at Frilly and Funkie. Thank you for providing such a spectacular piece as our guest designer for this challenge. Congratulations too on the win last time around. Your dress form was a triumph!

Hugs,
Linda

sarascloset said...

Wow! You have really done a great job for your Frilly and Funkie GDT spot! Congratulations, and even more so, thank you for sharing this lovely card! Breathtaking!

Lys said...

An amazing full of textures and lovely details card... So much to discover! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Asia! wow, gorgeous card, luv the embellies....awesome! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Moore Art From The Heart said...

Fabulous card with all that beautiful back texture. Love the soft colors too! Thank you for entering it at Our Creative Corner. Happy Spring to you, xxx Laurie

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing with MMP challenge!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a gorgeous creation, Asia. I love the beautiful soft colors and all the fabulous details. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Stunning and romantic! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

Riikka Kovasin said...

So beautiful! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place Gym!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely spring creation Asia! love the pasted stencil - the ribbon - touches of gold - and the fun photo wheel with the acetate and letters! Thank you so much for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Through the Looking glass challenge!

Marilyn said...

Stunning project Asia! very romantic..love it! Remember to add the inspirational circle in this post. Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge! x

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello again, Asia! I'm SO glad you accepted my invitation to come by and share your AMAZING art in our challenge. It's a blessing to have you play along with us, and I hope that you will join us again soon. I just LOVE your style of crafting.
Blessings,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Heather said...

This is beautiful!!
Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
Hugs
Heather

Dana Joy said...

Such a great project. Thanks so much for playing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Anonymous said...

What a great take on the challenge. So creative : ) I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

cherry said...

soooo gorgeous and thanks for joining us at RRR

Pamellia said...

Congrats on your top 3 win at Really Reasonable Ribbon...I couldn't have picked a card more deserving! hugs :)

wiosanka said...

Wonderful canvas!
Thank You for joining us at 7 Dots Studio :-)

Keren Tamir said...

Lovely project!! thanks for joining at 7 Dots Studio!

Olga Siedlecka said...

Great idea! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

Unknown said...

Hi Joanna; such a pretty and romantic card! Gorgeous soft tones, great texture and I love the wheel with the wording. Simply Brilliant! Thanks for joining LLC this month.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Татьяна said...

Amazingl canvas !Thank You for joining us at 7 Dots Studio challenge this month !

Trish Latimer said...

Great project Asia!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Colour Your World challenge at Our Creative Corner! xxx

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena