Saturday 16 March 2013

My 'Four Seasons' of Stampendous



Hello my talented Friends! I am back to share another sample I created for the Create & Craft shows featuring Stampendous products.

But before I tell you all about it, I'd like to say a big and warm welcome to my new followers and a big thank you to all my blogging friends who joined to share my creative journey with me. Having so many crafty friends 'near me' really fills my heart with joy and I feel very privileged to have captured your hearts :).

A 'Thank You' Giveaway!

That's right, as a way of 'thank you' I am giving away this gorgeous Violets stamp from Stampendous for one lucky commenter who's left some love on my blog. Whether it's a comment on this post or on any other post in the past - you all are in a chance of winning! You don't have to be a follower of my blog, although I would love it if you were. So all I can say, please keep those lovely comments coming as the more love you leave for My Creative Spell, the higher your chance of winning! :) The winner will be announced next week.


OK, onto my project then. Last week I finally felt that Spring was on its way to the UK. Blankets of snowdrops and first shy daffodils were trying very hard to send Winter home :). And whilst talking about seasons, I thought I would share this little beauty with you today. Just like the famous composer Antonio Vivaldi, I wanted to compose a concerto of the four seasons - in my own way :).


 I didn't want this post to be too picture heavy, so I am going to break it down into two parts. Today I will share the individual pages of my Four Seasons accordion book and next week I will show you the 'technical' steps. Well then, let's start with...

Winter! 


  I started off by waving my baton, errr... the heat gun that is, got the orchestra of Fran-tage powders tune their instruments, I mean particles, and before I knew it, the music was filling in my craft room... For my frosty season I used the cling Old World Map and the Suitcase World sentiment stamp. The map was first heat embossed with Silver Detail embossing powder and coloured with Inktense pencils. The sentiment was heat embossed with Black Detail embossing powder. The snowflakes were adorned with Teal Mica fragments and Sky Blue embossing powder. Then I 'framed' the sentiment panel with Detail Capri embossing powder and the background panel was Fran-taged with the Aged Teal Embossing Enamel. All these beauties can be found in one magical place - Fran-tage Encrusted Jewel Kit in Teal. Now... let's cheer for...

Spring! 


  And with Spring I bring you a handful of Fresh and Ruffled Blooms, heat embossed with Black (for the foreground) and White Detail (for the background) embossing powders. The flower centres are all bathed in Champagne Glass glitter and Pearlised Mica Fragments. The background panel has been embellished with the same Mica Fragments and a generous sprinkle of Aged Rose Embossing Enamel. These gorgeous jewels can be found in the Pink Encrusted Jewel Kit. Now, let's get ready for...

Summer! 


  Oh, I so love Summer evenings in a garden full of wonderful flowers. Sadly my garden is not very inspiring (yet!), so perhaps this gorgeous Seed Catalogue stamp will inspire me to fill my garden with beautiful blooms. Just so I can see the world that will be Beautiful :). With the Summer season in mind, I 'seasoned' my page with Aged Hunter and Aged Rose embossing enamels and added Champagne glass glitter and Rose Colour Fragments. And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

Autumn! Or Fall, depending on your point of view :D.



My Autumnal page is swept with a gentle brush of the Ruffled Butterfly's wings and the leaves falling off the trees, dancing in the wind. Can you see all those golds, coppers and bronzes sparkling in the Autumnal sun That's the sparkle of the Vintage Mahogany embossing tinsel, Bronze Glass Glitter, Golden Sand embossing powder and Aged Copper embossing enamel - from the Bronze Encrusted Kit

And in case you've missed it, this is what my Teamies Rhea and Tobi were up to this week:

Colouring with Copics - great tutorial by Tobi:


Beautiful '30 minute wonder' by Rhea:


I hope you enjoyed my Stampendoulicious seasonal symphony :). Stay tuned for the 2nd part with the step by step assembling  instructions for the accordion book. 


Until then... 
Big hugs 



Challenges for this project:
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Chic to be Shabby
Country View Crafts #1 - Pick and Mix
Inspiration Journal - Make it POP
Stamping Sensations March - The Great Outdoors
Heck of a Challenge - Spring/Butterflies and Pearls
Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge #68 - Flowers and Ribbon
Happy Campers #12 - Flutterby Butterfly
Moving Along with The Times - Spring is in the Air

32 comments:

Hrabinka Anna said...

Asiu gdyby Vivaldi zył to na pewno zamawial by projekty okladek do swoich plyt u Ciebie. Wszystkie cztery strony przepiekne, lubie Twoja technike. Ciezko wybrac ale ze wzgledu na klinat podrozniczy zima najblizsza memu sercu :)
Opis przydatny.

Pozdrawiam xxx

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Piękny projet Asia, wspaniałe stemlowanie! :)

Jenny Marples said...

This project is awesome Joanna. I adore the idea of splitting the theme and colours this way as it gives you so much opportunity to use a whole range of stamps and effects. Looking forward to the step by step and thrilled that your work is getting the exposure it so rightly deserves. Have a great weekend, hugs Jenny x

Bonnie in SC said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful symphony you conducted! It is simply music to my eyes, lol. You project is lovely. Such wonderful inspiration.

lainey said...

wow you make stunning samples Joanna!!! that's a FAB giveaway too :) love all your work Joanna.lainey x

Carol Q said...

absolutely delightful Joanna. beautiful stamping and colouring.

Crafting Queen said...

REally beautiful creation, such lovely details.

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous work ... So happy for you that your talent is recognised!

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful project!

Netty said...

loving your beautiful seasons book, terrific stamping and colouring. Thank you for the chance of winning this fab stamp. Hugs Annette x

Annie said...

What a fabulous idea Joanna and I love those beautiful layouts. This is truly an inspiring piece.

TFS and crafty hugs

Annie

Kimberly S said...

Lovely project Joanna! :) hugs, Kimberly

Connie said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness . . . this is gorgeous:)
You amaze me :)
Your blogging sister, Connie

Cindy Gay said...

Wow!

Brenda Brown said...

Love how you have used these stamps Joanna, this is full of wonderful colours and designs, just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at Country View Challenges this month.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Janny Jager said...

Awesome project Joanna.
Love every detail and the colors are great.
Greetings Janny

Paper Profusion said...

Your creativity knows no bounds Joanna - this is fantastic!! Love how you have included so many gorgeous stamps, embellies and of course stunning jewelled trademark frantage. So glad that you are receiving very well deserved exposure and credit. Nicola x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Joanna, This is a wonderful project, love the idea of your Four Seasons with those images and colours. Look forward to part 2's details.
Avril xx

Vee Cassidy said...

A stunning opus. Your work is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Happy Campers hope to see you again. Good luck. Vee xx

Lynne K said...

Wow, what a stunning project, Joanna! Absolutely beautiful. I look forward to seeing the instructions!. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations, and good luck.

Lynne

Sonia said...

You have made a fantastic card^_^
Thanks for joining in with us at Heck of a Challenge this month, Good Luck^_^
DT Sonia

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful project! The stamping is amazing and each panel is so pretty. Wow. Thank you for joining us this week as Simon Says Stamp and Show!

brenda said...

Just stunning Joanna, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

pinky said...

What an absolutely stunning creation, its amazing. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

DesignerDiva said...

WOW a beautiful designed and put together project - just gorgeous
Thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week, good luck in the challenge and I hope you will join us again soon
Hugs Laurie xx

Anne said...

So beautiful. Anne x

Unknown said...

Your work always make me smile. This project is truly amazing.

Hugs~

Terry said...

What a gorgeous folding card! Love each panel and you sure know how to use that Frantage!!! Hugs!

Karin said...

Beautiful project and great stamping.

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for joining our March challenge at Inspiration Emporium!

You put so much thought into your creation-so much dimension and lovely details!


♥ Sue Kment

cherry said...

lovely and full of spring cheer! Thanks for sharing with RRR! cherry

Nicecrane Designs said...

OMG Joanna,,,,,It is a play of ARt my friend,,,,I was reading the complete tutorial to create the accordion book,,,to get inspiration,,,Thanksss a million my friend,,,You are really talented.Thanks for your comments at Alison blog about my little reader digi,,,so feel free to choose any product from my store for free…. email me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena