Saturday 8 December 2012

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!



Hello Friends! Guess what? I have a cold again!!! I've only just recovered from one and here it comes again :(. Colds are such a nuisance and a big waste of time, don't you think? Anyway...
How are you getting on with your Christmas preparations? I am finally getting into the festive spirit and my production of Christmas cards has now properly taken off. I will share my cards very soon but for now... Here's a very quick and simple project I made to kick start the Christmassy crafting season :).

Last year I bought some styrofoam stars and they have been waiting all this long to get decorated lol :). First I added a silver string for hanging onto the tree. Next I covered the starts with a generous layer of PVC glue and sprinkled them just as generously with Shaved Ice from Stampendous. Finally I just hang them to dry and done! See, clean and simple but how effective! Just right for our monthly CAS Christmas challenge at Stampendous :).



While I was working on this project I had another idea how to use Shaved Ice and I've got to say - I loooove it! But you'll need to wait to see it! :).



Have you entered the challenge yet? Click on Mr Kitty below and join in the fun!



Whilst talking about Christmas, the time of giving etc. etc... what would you say about a little candy to make this festive time even more exciting? And would you prefer the bundle to be shared between a few lucky winners or would you sing along with Abba that 'the winner takes it all'?

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.

Have a lovely and crafty weekend!

Big hugs



Also linking to:
Crafting Ireland - 12 Days of Christmas
Crafty Mess #23 - Vintage Christmas
Crafty Bloggers Network #6 - Anything goes
Celebrate the Occasion #91 - Christmas (no red or green)
Make it Monday #118 - Anything goes
Happy Daze December - In the Deep Midwinter

13 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Wow, those stars look so fanciful. Love all the shimmery glitter and the butterfly in the background looks gorgeous too!

wendyp said...

{swoon} LOVE these!

Words and Pictures said...

Shimmery loveliness... can't wait to see what else you've been up to with the Shaved Ice!
Alison x

Paper Profusion said...

You've transformed the styrofoam beautifully Joanna. Knock back some hot whiskies hun and stay warm. Hope this one doesnt floor you as badly as before. We need you right for Santa! Nicola x

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful stars Joanna.

Greetings Janny

Ros Crawford said...

oh they looks so pretty! Can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Jenny Marples said...

Oh boy will they look amazing with Christmas light bouncing off them! Clever idea - thanks for sharing. Hugs, Jenny x

Adrian said...

Very cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

Unknown said...

WOW! Those stars are Beautiful.. I finally got all my decorating done yesterday.. Now I just need to get all my cards out.. I always love stopping in here and seeing all your creations.

Hugs~

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

They have a really beautiful shine to them, such a pretty project! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Christmas (no red or green)" Challenge :)

Esther said...

Beautiful stars!!!
Thanks for joining CTO this week!

Timi said...

Fabulous stars, thanks for joining us in our 12 Days of Christmas Inspirations. Timi (Crafting Ireland)

Beccalite said...

Wow these stars are gorgeous. Unfortunately they don't fit our Vintage Christmas theme over at Craftymess. Thank you so much for sharing them with us though.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena